Prostate Cancer and Age Risk
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2019
- SEER Cancer Stat Facts: Prostate cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/prost.html. Published April 2017. Accessed June 3, 2019.
- Salinas CA, Tsodikov A, Ishak-Howard M, Cooney KA. Prostate cancer in young men: An important clinical entity. Nature Reviews Urology. 13 May 2014; 11, 317-323. http://www.nature.com/nrurol/journal/v11/n6/full/nrurol.2014.91.html. Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Stangelberger A, Waldert M, Djavan B. Prostate cancer in elderly men. Reviews in Urology. 2008; 10(2), 111-119. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2483315/ Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Carter HB, Piantadosi S, Isaacs JT. Clinical evidence for and implications of the multistep development of prostate cancer. Journal of Urology. April 1990; 143(4), 742-6. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2313798 Abstract accessed August 12, 2017.
- Xiao H, Tan F, Goovaerts P, et al. Construction of a comorbidity index for prostate cancer patients linking state cnacer registry with inpatient and outpatient data. J Registry Manag. 2013;40(4), 159-164. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4337841/ Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Droz JP, Balducci L, Bolla M, et al. Management of prostate cancer in older men: Recommendations of a working group of the International Society of Geriatric Oncology. BJU Int. Aug 2010;106(4), 462-469. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3258484/. Accessed August 12, 2017.