Prolaris Genomic Test for Assessing Risk for Men with Localized Prostate Cancer
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ProstateCancer.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Davis, John W. “An Introduction to a Novel Genomic Test and Its Role In Improving Clinical Decisions: Part I: Prostate Biopsy Genomic Testing.” Prostate Cancer Research Institute, edited from Insights February 2014 v.17 iss. 1. Available at https://pcri.org/prolaris-test-for-low-risk-prostate-cancer. Accessed August 16, 2019.
- Davis, John W. “Use of genomic markers to risk stratify men with prostate cancer.” Trends in Urology & Men’s Health. May/June 2015, pp. 36-39. Available at https://trendsinmenshealth.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2015/05/Davis-Genomic-markers.pdf. Accessed August 16, 2019.
- Crawford, David E. et al. “Cell cycle progression score and treatment decisions in prostate cancer: results from an ongoing registry.” Current Medical Research and Opinion, v. 30, iss.6, 2014. Available at https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1185/03007995.2014.899208. Accessed August 16, 2019.
- Ontario Health Technology Assessment Series. “Prolaris Cell Cycle Progression Test for Localized Prostate Cancer: A Health Technology Assessment.” 2017; 17(6): 1-75. Published online 2017, May 1. Available at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5451271/. Accessed August 16, 2019.
- “Prolaris Test Accurately Predicts Risk of Metastasis in Men Diagnosed with Localized Prostate Cancer,” Press Release: Myriad Genetics Inc. June 27, 2019. Available at https://www.urotoday.com/recent-abstracts/urologic-oncology/prostate-cancer/113492-prolaris-test-accurately-predicts-risk-of-metastasis-in-men-diagnosed-with-localized-prostate-cancer.html. Accessed August 17, 2019.
- NIH National Library of Medicine. “Prospective Prolaris Value and Efficacy (P-Prove)” Available at https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03152448. Accessed August 16, 2019.
- Protein and Genetic Testing for Prostate Cancer. Medicare Advantage coverage. Available at https://www.bcbswny.com/content/dam/COMMON/non-secure/provider/Protocols/P/prov_prot_Prostate_CA.pdf Accessed August 16, 2019.