Smoking and Prostate Cancer?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Harmful Chemicals in Tobacco Products. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/tobacco-and-cancer/carcinogens-found-in-tobacco-products.html. Published April 5, 2017. Accessed October 10, 2017.
- Your Diet and Physical Activity. Prostate Cancer UK. https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/living-with-prostate-cancer/your-diet-and-physical-activity. Published June, 2015. Accessed October 10, 2017.
- Skolarus TA, Wolf AM, Erb NL, et al. American Cancer Society prostate cancer survivorship care guidelines. CA Cancer J Clin. 2014;64:225-249.
- Tabuchi T, Ito Y, et al. Tobacco smoking and the risk of subsequent primary cancer among cancer survivors: A retrospective cohort study. Ann Oncol. Oct 2013. 24(10), 2699-704.
- Moreira DM, Aronson WJ, et al. Cigarette smoking is associated with an increased risk of biochemical disease recurrence, metastasis, castration-resistant prostate cancer, and mortality after radical prostatectomy: Results from the SEARCH database. Cancer. 15 Jan 2014; 120(2), 197-204. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24127391. Accessed October 10, 2017.