HIV & Prostate Cancer
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ProstateCancer.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Chao, C., Leyden, W., Xu, L., et al. Exposure to antiretroviral therapy and risk of cancer in HIV-infected persons. AIDS, 2012; 26, 2223-2331.
- Effros., R., Fletcher., C., Gebo., K., et al. Aging and infectious disease: Workshop on HIV infection and aging: What is known and future research directions. Clin Infect Disease. 2008; 47, 542-533.
- Marcus, J., Chao., C., Leyden., et al. Prostate cancer incidence and prostate-specific antigen testing among HIV-positive and HIV-negative men.
- Patel., P., Hanson., D., Sullivan P., et al. Incidence of types of cancer among HIV-infected persons compared with the general population in the United States, 1993-2003. Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148, 728-736.
- Shiels, M., Goedert, J., Moore, R., et al. Reduced risk of Prostate Cancer in U.S. men with AIDS. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention. 2010; 19, 2910-2915.
- Silverberg, M., Chao, C., Leyden W., et al. HIV infection, immunodeficiency, viral replication, and the risk of cancer. Cancer Epidemiological Biomarkers & Prev. 2011; 20, 2551-2559.