Prostate Cancer Risk is Higher in Men With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ProstateCancer.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- What is inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)? National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Last updated March 22, 2018. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/ibd/what-is-IBD.htm Accessed February 3, 2019.
- Inflammatory bowel disease linked to prostate cancer. Medical Xpress, Northwestern University. December 7, 2018. Available at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-12-inflammatory-bowel-disease-linked-prostate.html Accessed February 3, 2019.
- Burns JA, Weiner AB, Catalona WJ, et al. Inflammatory Bowel Disease and the Risk of Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol. 2018 Dec 4. pii: S0302-2838(18)30938-2 Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30528221 Accessed February 3, 2019.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Prostate Cancer Linked. MPR. December 12, 2018 Available at: https://www.empr.com/news/ibd-inflammatory-bowel-disease-prostate-cancer-linked/article/820686/ Accessed February 3, 2019.
- Can Prostate Cancer Be Found Early? American Cancer Society. Updated March 11, 2016. Available at https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/detection.html Accessed February 3, 2019.