What Home Remedies Can Be Used for Prostate Cancer?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: July 2019
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine. National Institute of Health: National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam.
- Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What’s in a Name? National Institute of Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health. Published June 2016. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Eylert MF, Persad R. Complementary therapies in prostate cancer. Trends in Urology and Men’s Health. May 2011; 2(3), 17-22.
- Aronson WJ, Barnard RJ, et al. Growth inhibitory effect of low fat diet on prostate cancer cells: Results of a prospective, randomized dietary intervention trial in men with prostate cancer. J Urol. Jan 2010; 183(1), 345-350. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19914662. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Irwin K. You are what you eat: Low-fat diet changes prostate cancer tissue. UCLA Newsroom. http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/you-are-what-you-eat-low-fat-diet-249402. Published November 18, 2013. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and the Prevention of Cancer: A Global Perspective. World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research. http://www.wcrf.org/sites/default/files/english.pdf. Published 2007. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Lippman SM, Klein EA, et al. Effect of selenium and vitamin E on risk of prostate cancer and other cancers: the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT). JAMA. Jan 2009; 301(1), 39-51. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19066370. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Yacoubian A, Dargham RA, Khauli RB, Bachir BG. Overview of dietary supplements in prostate cancer. Curr Urol Rep. Nov 2016; 17(11), 78.
- Bonnar-Pizzorno RM, Littman AJ, Kestin M, White E. Saw palmetto supplement use and prostate cancer risk. Nutr Cancer. 2006; 55(1) 21-7.
- Turmeric. Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/complementary-alternative-therapies/individual-therapies/turmeric. Published August 6, 2015. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Milk thistle. Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-in-general/treatment/complementary-alternative-therapies/individual-therapies/milk-thistle-and-liver-cancer. Published March 8, 2015. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils PDQ- Health Professional Version. National Institute of Health: National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/hp/aromatherapy-pdq. Published June 8, 2017. Accessed October 1, 2017.
- Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ)-Patient Version. National Institute of Health: National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/patient/cannabis-pdq. Published April 13, 2017. Accessed October 1, 2017.