How is Hormone Therapy Used for Prostate Cancer?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/treating/hormone-therapy.html. Published March 11, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/prost.html. Published June 23, 2014. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Böhmer D, Wirth M, et al. Radiotherapy and hormone treatment in prostate cancer. Dtsch Arztebl Int. 8 Apr 2016; 113(14), 235-241. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4985515/. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Demir A, Cecen K, et al. The course of metastatic prostate cancer under treatment. SpringerPlus. 10 Dec 2016; 3:725. https://springerplus.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/2193-1801-3-725. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Wood GJA, Hayden RP, Tanrikut C. Successful sperm extraction and live birth after radiation androgen deprivation and surgical castration for treatment of metastatic prostate cancer. Andrologia. 6 April 2016; 49(1). http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/and.12578/full. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Wright JL, Higano CS, Lin DW. Intermittent androgen deprivation: Clinical experience and practical applications. Urol Clin North Am. May 2006;33(2), 167-79. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16631455/. Abstract accessed September 1, 2017.
- New Treatment Target Identified for Key Prostate Cancer Driver. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/news-events/cancer-currents-blog/2016/prostate-ror-gamma-inhibitor. Published April 22, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.