What Happens When You Get a Prostate Exam?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- American Cancer Society Recommendations for Prostate Cancer Early Detection. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/early-detection/acs-recommendations.html. Published April 14, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Prostate Problems. National Institute of Health. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/prostate-problems. Published July 1, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Lavery A, Kirby RS, Chowdhury S. Prostate cancer. Medicine. Jan 2016; 44(1), 47-51.
- Inherited Risk for Prostate Cancer. Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. https://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/risk-assessment-screening/hereditary-genetics/genetic-counseling/inherited-risk-prostate. Accessed August 10, 2017.
- Prostate Cancer Risk Factors. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/risk-factors.html. Published March, 11, 2016. Accessed August 10, 2017.
- Prostate Cancer Screening (PDQ)-Health Professional Version. National Institute of Health: National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/types/prostate/hp/prostate-screening-pdq#link/_394_toc. Published September 29, 2017. Accessed October 10, 2017.
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients: Prostate Cancer. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/prostate/files/assets/basic-html. Version 1, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.