Does Prostate Cancer Have Common Comorbid Conditions?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Xiao H, Tan F, Goovaerts P, et al. Construction of a comorbidity index for prostate cancer patients linking state cancer registry with inpatient and outpatient data. J Registry Manag. 2013;40(4), 159-164. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4337841/ Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Chiumento C, Fiorentino A, Cozzolino M, et al. Impact of comorbidity in elderly prostate cancer patients treated with brachytherapy. Chin J Cancer Res. Jun 2013;25(3), 274-280. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3696714/ Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Droz JP, Balducci L, Bolla M, et al. Management of prostate cancer in older men: Recommendations of a working group of the International Society of Geriatric Oncology. BJU Int. Aug 2010;106(4), 462-469. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3258484/. Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Chamie K, Daskivich TJ, Kwan L, et al. Comorbidities, treatment and ensuing survival in men with prostate cancer. Journal of General Internal Medicine. May 2012;27(5), 492-499.
- Daskivich TJ, Fan KH, Koyama T, et al. Effect of age, tumor risk, and comorbidity on competing risks for survival in a U.S. Population-based cohort of men with prostate cancer. Annals of Internal Medicine. 21 May 2013; 158(10), 709-717.
- Prostate Cancer: Statistics. Cancer.net.http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/prostate-cancer/statistics Published January 1, 2017. Accessed August 12, 2017.