Prostate Cancer in Younger Men
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: June 2019
- SEER Cancer Stat Facts: Prostate cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/prost.html. Published April 2017. Accessed June 3, 2019.
- Salinas CA, Tsodikov A, Ishak-Howard M, Cooney KA. Prostate cancer in young men: An important clinical entity. Nature Reviews Urology. 13 May 2014; 11, 317-323. http://www.nature.com/nrurol/journal/v11/n6/full/nrurol.2014.91.html. Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Gupta S, Gupta A, Saini AK, et al. Prostate cancer: How young is too young? Curr Urol. Jan 2017;9(4), 212-215. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5385860/ Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Lange EM, Salinas CA, Zuhlke KA, et al. Early onset prostate cancer has a significant genetic component. Prostate. 1 Feb 2012;72(2), 147-156.
- Lin DW, Porter M, Montgomery B. Treatment and survival outcomes in young men diagnosed with prostate cancer: A population based cohort study. Cancer. 1 Jul 2009;115(13), 2863-2871.
- Moore SC, Peters TM, Ahn J. Age-specific physical activity and prostate cancer risk among white men and black men. Cancer. 1 Nov 2009; 115(21), 5060-5070.
- About Soft Tissue Sarcomas. Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/soft-tissue-sarcoma/about. Published February 5, 2015. Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Types of Prostate Cancer. Cancer Research Society. https://www.crs-src.ca/page.aspx?pid=1801. Accessed August 12, 2017.
- About Rare Prostate Cancers. Prostate Cancer UK. https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/further-help/rare-prostate-cancer. Published January, 2016. Accessed August 12, 2017.