Prostate Cancer and Diabetes Connection
- What is Diabetes? National Institute of Health: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diabetes/overview/what-is-diabetes. Published November, 2016. Accessed October 10, 2017.
- De Nunzio C, Tubaro A. Prostate cancer: Diabetes and prostate cancer—an open debate. Nature Reviews Urology. Jan 2013; 10(1), 12-14.
- Grossmann M, Wittert G. Androgens, diabetes and prostate cancer. Endocrine-Related Cancer. 1 Oct 2012; 19, F47-F62.
- Waters KM, Henderson BE, et al. Association of diabetes with prostate cancer risk in the multiethnic cohort. American Journal of Epidemiology. 15 April 2009; 169(8), 937-945.
- Ji J, Sundquist J, Sundquist K. Association of family history of Type 2 Diabetes with prostate cancer: A national cohort study. Frontiers in Oncology. 29 Aug 2016; 6, 194.
- Danker R, Boffetta P, et al. Diabetes, prostate cancer screening and risk of low- and high-grade prostate cancer: An 11 year historical population follow-up study of more than 1 million men. Diabetologia. Aug 2016; 59(8), 1683-91.
- Wu C, Moreira DM, et al. Diabetes and prostate cancer risk in the REDUCE trial. Prostatic Diseases. Dec 2011; 14(4), 326-31.
- Sex Hormones, Heart Disease, and Diabetes. Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/prostate-cancer/practical-emotional-support/hormone-symptoms/sex-hormones-heart-disease-diabetes. Published September 27, 2016. Accessed October 10, 2017.