More at Ease Now

Last October I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had a PSA of 6.6.

The ultrasound and biopsy verified my worst thoughts. This diagnosis led to depression and anxiety. I was referred to De Lawrence who felt that radiation and sub-cutaneous hormone injections were the best procedures for my cancer.

Where I am today

My depression and anxiety lasted from last October until April 10. My PSA is now 0.08. I have my post radiation follow-up with Dr Lawrence April 16. I am relieved now but I won’t be completely relieved until hopefully I get a good report from him.

This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The ProstateCancer.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.

Comments

View Comments (7)
  • Richard Faust moderator
    8 months ago

That is great news Ronrubman! Glad this site has been a help to you. Best, Richard (ProstateCancer.net Team)

• Deemusicman
    8 months ago

Great news Ronrubman ,God bless enjoy your time off

• Richard Faust moderator
    8 months ago

Hi Ronrubman. Glad things are going pretty good so far. The apprehension/fear waiting for the follow-up appointments is completely understandable. Thought you might be interested in this article from our editorial team on coping with the fear of recurrence: https://prostatecancer.net/living-coping/recurrence-concern/. Best, Richard (ProstateCancer.net Team)

• Ronrubman author
    8 months ago

Thanks for this information Richard. Tomorrow morning I have my six week check up with the oncologist after my radiation treatments ended. As I previously stated my PSA went from above 6 to less than one so I am hoping and praying for a good report from my doctor tomorrow morning.

Thanks again,

Ron

• Ronrubman author
    8 months ago

I had a good visit with my oncologist this morning. He reviewed my PSA results from last week and said I am in good shape and I have a full year before I go back to him. Thanks for the kind words and helpful information.

Ron Rubman

• Deemusicman
    8 months ago

Wishing you the best.God will get you through ,I had a prostectamy last week .The device surgery is the way to go.First su4gery ever one day on pain meds and done.Catheter is uncomfortable but tolerable I was terrified trust me .But I prayed with my heart and soul to get through and so far so good .If it weren’t for faith I couldn’t do it and the price is free,afterall it’s real .Many blessings and good luck with the follow up I know the wait is so hard but you can do this!!

• Deemusicman