Why Is Orchiectomy Used for Prostate Cancer?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: July 2019
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/treating/hormone-therapy.html. Published March 11, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Removing the Testicles (Orchidectomy). Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/prostate-cancer/treatment/surgery/removing-testicles-orchidectomy. Published July 6, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Orchiectomy. Providence Health and Services. http://oregon.providence.org/our-services/o/orchiectomy/. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Demir A, Cecen K, et al. The course of metastatic prostate cancer under treatment. SpringerPlus. 10 Dec 2016; 3:725. https://springerplus.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/2193-1801-3-725. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Wood GJA, Hayden RP, Tanrikut C. Successful sperm extraction and live birth after radiation androgen deprivation and surgical castration for treatment of metastatic prostate cancer. Andrologia. 6 April 2016; 49(1). http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/and.12578/full. Accessed September 1, 2017.