How Is Radiation Therapy Used for Prostate Cancer?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Radiation Therapy for Prostate Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/treating/radiation-therapy.html. Published March 11, 2016. Accessed October 5, 2017.
- Radiation Therapy. Prostate Cancer Foundation. https://www.pcf.org/c/radiation-therapy/. Accessed October 5, 2017.
- Heidenreich A, Bastian PJ, et al. EAU guidelines on prostate cancer, part 1: Screening, diagnosis, and local treatment with curative intent—Update 2013. European Urology. Jan 2014; 65(1), 124-137.
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients: Prostate Cancer. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/prostate/files/assets/basic-html. Version 1, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Henderson DR, Tree AC, van As NJ. Stereotactic body radiotherapy for prostate cancer. Clinical Oncology. 1 May 2015; 27(5), 270-279.
- Wisenbaugh ES, Andrews PE, et al. Proton beam therapy for localized prostate cancer 101: Basics, controversies, and facts. Rev Urol. 2014; 16(2), 67-75.
- Finlay IG, Mason MD, Shelley M. Radioisotopes for the palliation of metastatic bone cancer: a systematic review. The Lancet. June 2005; 6(6), 392-400.
- Goyal J, Antonarakis ES. Bone-targeting radiopharmaceuticals for the treatment of prostate cancer with bone metastases. Cancer Lett. 28 Oct 2012; 323(2), 135-146. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4124611/. Accessed September 1, 2017.