How Is Prostate Cancer Biopsied?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Tests for Prostate Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/how-diagnosed.html. Published May 15, 2017. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- Prostate Biopsy. Mayo Clinic. https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/prostate-biopsy/home/ovc-20200181. Published August 11, 2017. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- Patient’s Guide to Prostate Cancer: Formal Diagnosis, Grading and Staging. USCF Medical Center. https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/patients_guide_to_prostate_cancer/formal_diagnosis_grading_and_staging/. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- Transrectal Ultrasound Scan (TRUS). Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/prostate-cancer/getting-diagnosed/tests-diagnose/transrectal-ultrasound-scan-trus. Published July 6, 2016. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- Allaf ME, Partin AW, Carter HB. The importance of pelvic lymph node dissection in men with clinically localized prostate cancer. Reviews in Urology. Summer 2006; 8(3), 112-119. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1578548/. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- What to Know About Lymph Node Biopsies if Prostate Cancer Has Spread. Saint Luke’s Health System. https://www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org/health-library/what-know-about-lymph-node-biopsies-how-tell-if-prostate-cancer-has-spread. Accessed October 9, 2017.