What Do Prostate Cancer Test Results Mean?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Understanding Your Pathology Report: Prostate Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/tests/understanding-your-pathology-report/prostate-pathology/prostate-cancer-pathology.html. Published March 8, 2017. Accessed October 12, 2017.
- The Gleason Score. Prostate Cancer Foundation. https://www.pcf.org/c/gleason-score/. Accessed October 12, 2017.
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients: Prostate Cancer. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/prostate/files/assets/basic-html. Version 1, 2016. Accessed October 12, 2017.
- Leone A, Gershman B, Rotker K, Butler C, Fantasia J, Miller A, et al. Atypical small acinar proliferation (ASAP): Is a repeat biopsy necessary ASAP? A multi-institutional review. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. Mar 2016; 19 (1), 68-71.
- Bostwick DG, Liu L, Brawer MK, Qian J. High-Grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia. Rev Urol. 2004; 6(4), 171-179.
- Bostwick D and Meiers I. Atypical small acinar proliferation in the prostate. Arch Pathol Lab Med. July 2006; 130, 952-57.
- Prostate Cancer: Stages and Grades. Cancer.net. https://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/prostate-cancer/stages-and-grades. Published January, 2017. Accessed October 11, 2017.
- Prostate Cancer Stages. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/staging.html. Published March 11, 2016. Accessed October 12, 2017.