At one point or another, many of us being treated for prostate cancer will be advised to go on hormone therapy as part of our treatment.
I am interested in collecting information on what part ADT played in your treatment. Here are some questions:
- Were you reluctant to go on ADT? Why?
- Before you went on hormone treatment, did you receive counseling from your urologist or oncologist about the effects ADT might have on your sexual function and how to deal with it? If yes, could you comment on the extent of the information?
- Had you gone through Radical Prostatectomy before ADT? Was ADT recommended as part of treatment for recurrence?
- Were you using pharmaceuticals like Viagra, Cialis, or injections to restore sexual function after surgery when you were put on hormone treatment?
- If yes to #4, did you stop using these pharmaceuticals when you began hormone treatment? What was the reason?
- If you stopped using these products, was it your decision or on the advice of your urologist or oncologist?