How Are Gay Men Affected by Prostate Cancer?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Rosser BRS, Merengwa E, et al. Prostate cancer in gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men: A review. LGBT Health. 1 Feb 2016; 3(1), 32-41. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4770844/. Accessed October 17, 2017.
- Blank TO. Gay men and prostate cancer: Invisible diversity. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 20 Apr 2005; 23(12), 2593-2596.
- Kleinmann N, Zaorsky NG, et al. The effect of ethnicity and sexual preference on prostate-cancer-related quality of life. Nature Reviews: Urology. May 2012; 9, 258-265.
- Prostate Facts for Gay and Bisexual Men. Prostate Cancer UK. https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/living-with-prostate-cancer/gay-and-bisexual-men. Published November 2013. Accessed October 17, 2017.
- Hart TL, Coon DW, et al. Changes in sexual roles and quality of life for gay men after prostate cancer: Challenges for sexual health providers. J Sex Med. Sept 2014; 11(9), 2308-2317.
- Lee TK, Breau RH, Eapen L. Pilot study on quality of life and sexual function in men-who-have-sex-with-men treated for prostate cancer. J Sex Med. Aug 2013; 10(8), 2094-2100.