A Guide to Prostate Cancer Recurrence
Last updated: October 2022
Prostate cancer recurrence is a topic that many people in the community talk about. Whether it is dealing with fear, detecting recurrence, or what to do when prostate cancer comes back, we share what community members have said about their experiences and invite others to join the conversation.
Fears of recurrence
The fear alone can cause stress and anxiety, but there are ways to manage concerns about cancer coming back.
Many men will continue to do checkups after treatment to monitor for recurrence.
- Read Thinking "Cancer Free" Might Come Back to Bite You!, where Len talks about understanding PSA levels
- Read Axumin for Early Detection of Recurrent Prostate Cancer, where Richard shares how Axumin can be used when dealing with the possibility of recurrence
- Read 2nd Recurrence, a story submission where a community member talks about the stress of recurrence
When prostate cancer comes back
Whether recurrence happens at all can vary among men. But if it does happen, there are ways to move forward.
- Read Facing A Biochemical Recurrence, where Dennis talks about what he did when his prostate cancer came back
- Join the conversation What was your experience with salvage radiation?, where community members describe what it was like
We want to hear from you! How do you cope with the ongoing fears of recurrence? Share in the comments.
Has prostate cancer changed your life? (Select all that apply)
Join the conversation