Prostate Cancer Myths
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Loughlin KR. Can a Vasectomy Increase Prostate Cancer Risk? Harvard Medical School. http://www.harvardprostateknowledge.org/can-a-vasectomy-increase-prostate-cancer-risk. Published April 7, 2011. Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Lavery A, Kirby RS, Chowdhury S. Prostate cancer. Medicine. Jan 2016; 44(1), 47-51.
- Prostate Cancer Risk Factors. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/risk-factors.html. Published March, 11, 2016. Accessed August 10, 2017.
- Wei JT, Dunn RL, Sandler HM, et al. Comprehensive comparison of health-related quality of life after contemporary therapies for localized prostate cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology. Jan 2002; 20(2). http://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200/jco.2002.20.2.557 Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Resnick MJ, Guzzo TJ, Cowan JE. Factors associated with satisfaction with prostate cancer care: Results from Cancer of the Prostate Strategic Urologic Research Endeavor (CaPSURE). BJU International. Feb 2013; 111(2), 213-220.
- Key Statistics for Prostate Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/about/key-statistics.html. Published January 5, 2017. Accessed August 10, 2017.
- SEER Cancer Stat Facts: Prostate cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/prost.html. Published April 2017. Accessed August 10, 2017.
- Can Prostate Cancer Be Prevented? American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/causes-risks-prevention/prevention.html Published March, 11, 2016. Accessed August 12, 2017.
- Does Sexual Activity Affect My Risk of Cancer? Johns Hopkins Medicine: The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute. http://urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/prostate_cancer712.php. Accessed August 12, 2017.