Testing for Cancer Spread
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Tests for Prostate Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostate-cancer/detection-diagnosis-staging/how-diagnosed.html. Published May 15, 2017. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- Nuclear Medicine Scans for Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/tests/nuclear-medicine-scans-for-cancer.html. Published November 30, 2015. Accessed October 9 2017.
- Bone Scan. Cancer.net. http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/diagnosing-cancer/tests-and-procedures/bone-scan. Published February, 2017. Accessed October 9 2017.
- Taneja SS. Imaging in the diagnosis and management of prostate cancer. Reviews in Urology. Summer 2004; 6(3), 101-113. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1472828/. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- Kitajima K, Murphy RC, Nathan MA. Choline PET/CT for imaging prostate cancer: An update. Annals of Nuclear Medicine. Aug 2013; 27(7), 581-591.
- MRI for Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/treatment/understanding-your-diagnosis/tests/mri-for-cancer.html. Published November 30, 2015. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- Patient’s Guide to Prostate Cancer: Formal Diagnosis, Grading and Staging. USCF Medical Center. https://www.ucsfhealth.org/education/patients_guide_to_prostate_cancer/formal_diagnosis_grading_and_staging/. Accessed October 9, 2017.
- What to Know About Lymph Node Biopsies if Prostate Cancer Has Spread. Saint Luke’s Health System. https://www.saintlukeshealthsystem.org/health-library/what-know-about-lymph-node-biopsies-how-tell-if-prostate-cancer-has-spread. Accessed October 9, 2017.