I am 52 years old, diagnosed last February with PSA of 49. I had a Bone scan and CT clear, MRI showed seminal vessel invasion, Gleason score 4+3, surgery in May. Locally extensive, no nodes were involved, PSA undetectable at three months and eight months.
Rising PSA with possible mets
I went back, May of this year, and my PSA jumped to 1.34
- verified two weeks later at 1.8. I scheduled a PET scan, but my insurance denied it. Scheduled CT and bone scan, bone scan showed questionable area on L2 vertebra but not definite. Scheduled another PET, again denied by insurance, and I must wait 45 days
from the last request before they can make another request for PET. If I do the PET, I would have to pay out of pocket; the doctor wants to request an MRI to rule out or confirm met possibly
. Again that will take time.
What are my treatment options?
What should I do? And what would be possible treatment options
? The only treatment I have had, to this point, has been surgery
. I need words of encouragement and advice from others who have the experience, please. No would of, should of, could of please. Prayers are greatly appreciated. Anyone willing to talk, I would appreciate that also.