caret icon Back to all discussions

Johns Hopkins: 3+3=6 and 3+4=7 Treatment with Focused Ultrasound

I am new to this community. Has the community discussed this modality for treatment of Low and and intermediate risk PCa? If so- please direct me to the thread. TIA.

“The TACT study demonstrated that treatment with TULSA-PRO provides safe and effective prostate tissue ablation, with little impact on men’s functional ability compared to well-established treatment modalities such as radical prostatectomy and radiation therapy,“ said Dr. Christian Pavlovich, Director of Urologic Oncology at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. “The study also demonstrated a superior risk-benefit profile compared to other ablative approaches, including whole-gland HIFU and cryotherapy. Twelve months after TULSA, my patients are all doing well, are delighted with their quality of life, and do not have any residual GG2 or worse disease. I believe that based on these positive TACT results and the inherent flexibility of TULSA-PRO as a surgical tool, should clearance in the United States be obtained from the FDA, TULSA-PRO has the potential for quick acceptance and adoption by urologists.”

Source: April 04, 2019 19:45 ET | TORONTO, April 04, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE)

1. , thanks for posting this! We have not heard this treatment mentioned by name before. What an ideal solution to be able to leave the prostate functional. We'll have to share this on Facebook and see what the community thinks. Have you had treatment yourself? Hope you're doing well! - Nina, ProstateCancer.net Team

1. I will defiantly add this to my possible planned treatments for my still low grade prostate cancer. Marlinfish

1. This is very interesting, and if I was back where I was 8 years ago this month (waiting for a prostatectomy), I would definitely want to meet with a physician who did it. For more info on the TULSA-PRO, you can go to:
        https://viturohealth.com/tulsa-pro/what-is-tulsa-pro-treatment/

1. With a low Gleason score you have time to check out options. So many times guys hear the words " you have prostate cancer" and the knee-jerk reaction is to want it cut out or treated immediately. It is so easy to overlook the fact that prostate cancer is slow growing and you have some time to a) catch a deep breadth, b) clear your head, c)ask questions & listen to what is being said, d) decide on your next steps. Dennis(ProstateCancer.net TEAM)

Please read our rules before posting.