Survivors' Guide to Surgery
Despite new treatment options, surgery remains a common option for prostate cancer treatment. We're digging into the experiences of folks who've had surgery. Keep reading to find out how to connect and hear from others who've been there:
Deciding how to treat your prostate cancer is one of the first really stressful parts of the process.
- Watch Tip & Trick: Common Mistakes After Surgery
from Erin Glace, a pelvic floor expert
- Read about tips for urinary control
Recovery process: sexual health
- Read Selfless Sex - An Introduction from Nick Myers, a sexual health expert
- Read Barriers to Sexual Health after Radical Prostatectomy, also from Nick Myers
- Read Erectile Dysfunction, So Now What? from Erin Glace
Not everyone can feel positive following surgery with the potential side effects they're experiencing. For some, however, a positive attitude is crucial.
- Check out Bob Tierno's articles on mental and physical recovery after prostate cancer surgery
- Read Life After Surgery: From Lemons to Lemonade from Will Jones
Want to read more about post-surgery thoughts? Check out Len's article here!
How much do you worry about prostate cancer coming back after treatment?