caret icon Back to all discussions

2024 Awareness Month Giveaway Forum!

As part of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month 2024, we are focusing on how we spread awareness about prostate cancer. We could be spreading awareness through community, through activism, through friends and family; there are so many ways to make people more aware. There are also many things that we try to make others aware of: PSA testing, treatment options, side effects, relationships.
As part of Awareness Month, we are giving away 1 lucky winner a large Yeti water bottle. The giveaway starts on September 3, 2024, and ends on September 30, 2024, at 5 p.m. EST. To enter, respond to the prompt below.
How do you spread awareness about prostate cancer? What do you make sure people are aware about?

1. I have a podcast (Above All, There's Hope. My journey with prostate cancer) and a supporting website (aboveallthereshope.com). I review my journey and include guests such as others with prostate cancer and my oncologist.

1. I try to always mention in discussions with friends, relatives and acquaintances the importance of getting PSA checked at least annually and to have regular medical check ups. I believe it also helps to discuss PSA testing while spouses or partners are present so they can also help encourage testing.

1. By holding twice weekly meetings (one in-person, the other via zoom) with men in all stages (early diagnosis, in treatment, post treatment and long-term surveillance. These meetings vary from information exchange, discussing personal experiences, discussing choices of treatment type and overall encouragement.

1. as a survivor, I added a giant be aware entry on my FB page. I recvd many responses from men I know and have had chats with them. I'm looking for the blue ribbon for my car

Please read our rules before posting.