Is Pain a Sign of Prostate Cancer?
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: October 2017
- Managing Pain in Advanced Prostate Cancer. Prostate Cancer UK. https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/advanced-prostate-cancer/managing-pain-in-advanced-prostate-cancer. Published May, 2017. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Prostate Problems. National Institute of Health. https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/prostate-problems. Published July 1, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Lishchyna N, Henderson S. Acute onset-low back pain and hip pain secondary to metastatic prostate cancer: A case report. Jounal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association. Mar 2004; 48(1), 5-12. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1840035/. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Symptoms of Advanced Cancer. Cancer Research UK. http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/prostate-cancer/advanced-cancer/symptoms-advanced-cancer. Published July 5, 2016. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Bonneau, A. Management of bone metastases. Canadian Family Physician. Apr 2008; 54(4), 524-527. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2294085/. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Finlay IG, Mason MD, Shelley M. Radioisotopes for the palliation of metastatic bone cancer: a systematic review. The Lancet. June 2005; 6(6), 392-400.
- Goyal J, Antonarakis ES. Bone-targeting radiopharmaceuticals for the treatment of prostate cancer with bone metastases. Cancer Lett. 28 Oct 2012; 323(2), 135-146. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4124611/. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- External Beam Radiation Therapy. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/treatment-types/radiation/external-beam-radiation-therapy.html. Published February 10, 2017.
- Radiotherapy for Advanced Prostate Cancer. Prostate Cancer UK. https://prostatecanceruk.org/prostate-information/treatments/radiotherapy-for-advanced-prostate-cancer. Published June, 2015. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Jordan KP, Hayward RA, Blagojevic-Bucknall M, Croft, P. Incidence of prostate, breast, lung and colorectal cancer following new consulation for musculoskeletal pain: A cohort study among UK primary care patients. International Journal of Cancer. 1 Aug 2013; 133(3) 713-720. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3708122/. Accessed September 1, 2017.
- Drudge-Coates, L., et al., Recognizing Symptom Burden in Advanced Prostate Cancer: A Global Patient and Caregiver Survey. Clinical Genitourinary Cancer , Oct. 2017. doi: 10.1016/j.clgc.2017.09.015